When in need of the services of an electrician, it is important to find one who is qualified and will do good, safe work.
Considering how many electrical contractors there are in some areas, choosing one can be challenging.
These 5 important questions can help any home or business owner find a reliable local electrical company that provides excellent service and can best handle their needs.
- Check Online Reviews and Testimonials – Start by looking at what other people have to say about the electricians nearby and look deeper into the ones with the best reviews. Check business directory sites like Google My Business and Yelp as well as social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Nextdoor for comments and reviews left by others.
- Inquire About Licensing and Insurance – After picking out a few electrical contractor candidates, check websites or reach out to confirm that they hold the appropriate electrician’s licenses and are bonded and insured. All these things protect customers against the potential safety issues and damage that are possible when hiring the wrong electrical contractor.
- Confirm Training and Certifications – Next confirm the type of electrical work the electrician does according to their training and any special certifications they have. This is especially important for owners of commercial buildings, as they may need some type of specialty electrician to handle their work.
- Research the Company’s Business History – It is easier to avoid unqualified electrical companies of any kind by researching the business history at its location and checking the Better Business Bureau as well. Look for an established local presence within the community and few complaints.
- Ask for Estimates, Price Explanations, and Warranty Information – Discuss how jobs are charged, including hourly rates and materials costs, and ask for detailed written work estimates for jobs that go beyond the basics. Additionally, inquire about any applicable workmanship warranties and other ways the electrician will stand behind their work.
Electrical work is a specialized field that requires skilled, trained professionals to ensure safety and accurate workmanship.
There are many people out there who claim to be handyman electricians, yet don’t hold the proper licenses or have the right training.
With the 5 questions noted above, any home or business owner can search through their local list of electrical contractors and find a trusted one to handle their needs.
For best results, whether just putting in a new outlet or rewiring an entire building, always choose a local electrical company that is qualified for the job!